SENIOR PUBLIC RELATIONS / MEDIA RELATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Dynamic public relations and media relations leader with extensive experience strategically positioning mid-size organizations for success. Unique blend of media relations, communications, sales, marketing and public relations expertise. Proven subject matter expert with strengths in project management, forging key relationships, and building interest across local communities. Administer budgets, organize special events and effectively execute. Lead simultaneous high priority projects in challenging and ever-changing environments..
- 2013 PRSA Skyline Award, Media Relations Campaign
- 2012 Silver Trumpet, Publicity Club of Chicago, 2012 Annual Report, Sharing
- 2010 Aster Award, Marketing Healthcare Today, Website Redesign
- 2009 Golden Trumpet Award, Publicity Club of Chicago, Larabida.org, Website Redesign
Advocate Trinity Hospital, Chicago, IL August 2016 – January 2017
Director, Public Affairs & Marketing
Planned, led and executed local-market media and marketing strategy; government affairs; internal communications; executive communications support; crisis communications; and hospital-system alignment on key priorities and initiatives.
- Co-led a team that placed a story picked up by more than 20 media outlets. Placements were valued at $1.4 million
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc., Chicago, IL June 2015 – August 2016
Managed internal and external communications, including newsletters, media pitches, social media management and website updates.
- Created firm’s first Strategic Communications Plan as blue print for corporate messaging and goals.
- Manage firm’s social media platforms, creating plans and campaigns to boost engagement.
Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., Chicago, IL June to November 2014
Executed all aspects of the firm’s reputation management plan. Duties included social media management, writing opinion pieces, coordinating guests for a weekly television program and special events for the family law firm and related not-for-profit agencies.
- Planned and executed the most successful Illinois Council for Responsible Fatherhood Annual Symposium, chaired by Attorney Jeffery M. Leving
- Wrote opinion pieces published in Chicago Sun-Times and Daily Herald, major publications in the Chicago metropolitan area
La Rabida Children’s Hospital, Chicago, IL December 2007 to June 2014
Media Relations and Events Specialist
Managed all aspects of media relations to promote service areas while maintaining relationships with national and local outlets such as ABC7 Chicago, NBC5 Chicago, iHeartMedia (formerly Clear Channel Communications) and the Chicago Tribune. Specialty service area was pediatric diabetes.
- Generated historic media coverage and record-breaking donations for hospital events year over year
- Planned, promoted and executed annual diabetes family event
- Led hospital’s social media launch, including Facebook and Twitter pages
- Lead writer for hospital’s award-winning 2011 and 2012 annual reports
Prairie State College, Chicago Heights, IL August 2005 to May 2008
Gwinnett Technical College, Lawrenceville, Ga. August 2001 to May 2004
Participated in curriculum development as well as ongoing curriculum and methodology development projects. Assumed responsibility for program support tasks as assigned.
- Consistently maintained 80 % student pass rate, among the highest on staff.
Illinois State University, Normal, IL
B.S. Mass Communications, Journalism Minor: Public Relations